- Keep the tube sealed until ready to use. Being exposed to moisture can cause BAQSIMI to not work as expected
- Each BAQSIMI device contains 1 dose (3 mg) of glucagon nasal powder and can only be used once
- BAQSIMI is for nasal use only
- BAQSIMI should not be used past its expiration date
- Remember to tell those close to you where you keep BAQSIMI
- You can still use BAQSIMI if you have a cold or are taking cold medicine.
- BAQSIMI does not need to be kept in a refrigerator. It can be stored at temperatures up to 30˚C (86˚F).
Carry BAQSIMI with you and keep BAQSIMI in the places you spend the most time – like home, work and school
Talk to your doctor about where the best place is for you to keep your BAQSIMI. Here are some places you may want to consider:
On/in a night stand
Where other insulin or diabetes products are kept
At the homes of family or close friends
At day care and/or with the babysitter
With the coach
At the workplace
With you when traveling
At the gym or wherever you exercise
BAQSIMI has not been studied in pediatric patients less than 4 years old.
Limited clinical trial experience has not identified difference in responses between elderly (≥65 years of age) and younger patients.
- Hypersensitivity to glucagon or to any ingredient in the formulation or container
Most serious warnings and precautions:
Lack of response: BAQSIMI should be given only in patients where impaired consciousness precludes oral carbohydrates. After intranasal administration of BAQSIMI, the patient will normally respond within 15 minutes. If the patient does not respond within 15 minutes, intravenous glucose must be administered as soon as IV access can be established.
States of starvation, adrenal insufficiency or chronic hypoglycemia: Because glucagon is of little or no help in these cases, intravenous glucose should be used for the treatment of hypoglycemia in these conditions.
Other relevant warnings and precautions:
- Cardiovascular effects
- Driving and operating machinery
- Sensitivity and resistance to glucagon
- Pregnant women
- Pediatrics (<4 years of age)
- Geriatrics (≥65 years of age)
- Use in patients with Type 2 diabetes taking sulfonylureas
- Use with alcohol
- Monitoring and laboratory tests
For more information:
Consult the Product Monograph at http://pi.lilly.com/ca/baqsimi-ca-pm.pdf for additional important information relating to warnings and precautions, adverse reactions, drug interactions and dosing information which have not been discussed in this piece. The Product Monograph is also available by calling 1-888-545-5972.